On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • Hi,

I have a comfort item - a special bear that I cuddle when I have a bad day. I got this bear when I was 6 and he's my go to thing when I need that extra bit of support on bad days.

Failing that, I'll go to my mums grave and talk to her. Though she can no longer reply being there I can imagine what she's saying, and that helps too.

• It’s wonderful that your mum can still bring you comfort in this way - I’m not religious (in the convention sense anyway) but I’m sure if she could know you were doing that she’d be so moved by the fact that she can still be there for you and bring you comfort x 

• It’s wonderful that your mum can still bring you comfort in this way - I’m not religious (in the convention sense anyway) but I’m sure if she could know you were doing that she’d be so moved by the fact that she can still be there for you and bring you comfort x 

Children
No Data