On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • I will go out with my camera and get lost amongst nature for an hour or more. If I still feel awful after that I'll have a bubble bath and sing along to some of my favourite songs while reminding myself that this is just a bad day, not a bad life and tomorrow will hopefully be better. I do also write down my thoughts and feelings in the form of poetry which sometimes helps. 

• I will go out with my camera and get lost amongst nature for an hour or more. If I still feel awful after that I'll have a bubble bath and sing along to some of my favourite songs while reminding myself that this is just a bad day, not a bad life and tomorrow will hopefully be better. I do also write down my thoughts and feelings in the form of poetry which sometimes helps. 

Children