On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • Order.

I would generally have a bad day when I am feeling overwhelmed.

I don't these days feel 'bleak and hopeless about life' though, and I'm sorry that you do.

My thing would be to sort things out (objects I mean), make lists, get everything under control.

I find having order in things be they physical or not, is very calming for me.

If it's not to do with feeling overwhelmed though, I would go out of the house and drive somewhere using the quietest route possible - into the countryside.

Solitude is also very important for me to re-order my thoughts and regain my inner calm.

Another thing to do is something creative - photography, making something, whatever.

You can lose yourself in art/creativity.

• Order.

I would generally have a bad day when I am feeling overwhelmed.

I don't these days feel 'bleak and hopeless about life' though, and I'm sorry that you do.

My thing would be to sort things out (objects I mean), make lists, get everything under control.

I find having order in things be they physical or not, is very calming for me.

If it's not to do with feeling overwhelmed though, I would go out of the house and drive somewhere using the quietest route possible - into the countryside.

Solitude is also very important for me to re-order my thoughts and regain my inner calm.

Another thing to do is something creative - photography, making something, whatever.

You can lose yourself in art/creativity.

Children