Energy after weight loss, ups and downs

Interested to see if anyone who has lost a lot of weight on this forum could help me with a couple of questions. 

When you lost weight did you find it very difficult to understand how to deal healthily with increased energy? 

Did your mood swings alter quite a bit? 

Context as to why I ask these questions. Since losing quite a bit of weight my mood goes from very high to very low quite a bit. It used to mostly be low.

Energy wise, I exercise quite a lot more now and love walking but have very sore joints. So it's possible I don't enough now I'm a bit smaller and so turn to a few beers  or a big meal here and there which makes me feel sluggish and a bit better as my minds not going a mile a minute.

I also find it hard to find time to exercise enough to tire myself out enough as there's so much else more interesting to do, exercise is quite tedious even when listening to a podcast or audiobook!

Just interested in others experience, I'm recently diagnosed autistic so interested in others on this forums thoughts / experience

• It's like riding a rollercoaster, isn't it? One day you're bursting with vitality, and the next, you're hitting snooze repeatedly. But hey, that's the beauty of progress! It's not always smooth sailing, but every up and down is a step closer to your goals.

• For the diet and mood / energy swings, have you spoken to a nutritionist about this? They

No, I haven't - that's probably the first step. I did it all by myself and it worked quite well so that now I'm at the weight I want to be I didn't really think I'd need help to eat normally, thought I'd manage that myself too. I think I will get some help now, but after some research as want to avoid charlatans! Thanks for the advice.

• exercise is quite tedious even when listening to a podcast or audiobook!

That is why for my cardio I now do tradmill or crosstrainer while watching a video on my phone or tablet.

It engages the ears and the eyes so, while you are watching a show or film you know you will like, you are much more likely to avoid distractions.

For the diet and mood / energy swings, have you spoken to a nutritionist about this? They tend to know this stuff inside out and will ask you questions to get to undestand what works for you and how to tune the diet for the effect you want.

Plus they are normally on call (email, WhatsApp or whatever) if you need to adjust it as the diet runs its course.

Without this sort of support and encouragement it can be a real slog to stick to the diets we create for ourselves which are rarely as efficient as one a nutritionist would customise for you.