Depression Medication

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone would be comfortable to share whether antidepressants have worked for you? I am having a really hard time and I've been thinking about seeing my GP to discuss taking medication for depression. I know that a large part of how I'm feeling is due to autistic burnout but I wondered whether depression meds would help or if they'd be ineffective or make it worse.

Parents
  • Yes, I've been off and on them during the last few decades and they definitely help me.

After my sister's death, I went back onto Paroxitine (Seroxat) and I haven't come off.

One of the ways in which this particular medication helps me is that it makes me feel much more able to cope.

Being locked into a state of anxiety was my normal modis operandi without it.

However, side-effects vary from person to person, as does the efficacy of the drug.

I have very little faith in GPs having had extremely poor service from them the last couple of decades.

Maybe due to NHS pressures, maybe due to incompetence etc, I find they tend to want you out of their consulting room the minute you have walked in and that very little time indeed is spent in discussion.

This is if you are lucky enough to actually make contact with one.

GPs have a 10 minute slot for each consultation which is nowhere near enough.

I hope that yours is better and is able to help you.

All the best with this.

• Yes, I've been off and on them during the last few decades and they definitely help me.

After my sister's death, I went back onto Paroxitine (Seroxat) and I haven't come off.

One of the ways in which this particular medication helps me is that it makes me feel much more able to cope.

Being locked into a state of anxiety was my normal modis operandi without it.

However, side-effects vary from person to person, as does the efficacy of the drug.

I have very little faith in GPs having had extremely poor service from them the last couple of decades.

Maybe due to NHS pressures, maybe due to incompetence etc, I find they tend to want you out of their consulting room the minute you have walked in and that very little time indeed is spent in discussion.

This is if you are lucky enough to actually make contact with one.

GPs have a 10 minute slot for each consultation which is nowhere near enough.

I hope that yours is better and is able to help you.

All the best with this.

Children
No Data