Can't Function With Fatigue

Hi,

How do you function with fatigue?

I've had fatigue before but recently my fatigue has become more severe and now I can't really function. If I do anything I need to rest in bed after and physically can't move much because I get dizzy and my body aches.

I went out in to town three days in a row and now this bad fatigue has hit me like a brick wall. I'm not sure what to do about it but all I can do is rest and that helps but if I do too much I need rest again.

Is this burnout? 

Parents
  • I've had fatigue before but recently my fatigue has become more severe and now I can't really function. If I do anything I need to rest in bed after and physically can't move much because I get dizzy and my body aches.

Fatigue of this level is probably how your body processes the factors that lead to meltdown / burnout in others.

The classic responses to deal with this would be:

1 - check that you are safe (ie eat / drink / take medication you need and stay in a safe place).

2 - address any immediate needs and start providing positive stimulation (ie do you need to tell management you cannot go to work, you need a prescription refill, someone needs to walk the dog  - then do you need to cool down / have soothing music / favourite stim toy etc)

3 - start working on the causes (eg ask to change the task that is triggering you / start taking the bus / don't leave town)

Once back to a healthy energy level, look back on the events and work out what actually caused this so you can either perpare better in future to work around it or simply avoid it if possible).

That would be my approach.

• I've had fatigue before but recently my fatigue has become more severe and now I can't really function. If I do anything I need to rest in bed after and physically can't move much because I get dizzy and my body aches.

Fatigue of this level is probably how your body processes the factors that lead to meltdown / burnout in others.

The classic responses to deal with this would be:

1 - check that you are safe (ie eat / drink / take medication you need and stay in a safe place).

2 - address any immediate needs and start providing positive stimulation (ie do you need to tell management you cannot go to work, you need a prescription refill, someone needs to walk the dog  - then do you need to cool down / have soothing music / favourite stim toy etc)

3 - start working on the causes (eg ask to change the task that is triggering you / start taking the bus / don't leave town)

Once back to a healthy energy level, look back on the events and work out what actually caused this so you can either perpare better in future to work around it or simply avoid it if possible).

That would be my approach.

Children
No Data