HOW CAN AUTISM AND MENTAL ILLNESS GET CONFUSED

Hello

I have already posted about my son, who has suffered at the hands of pyschotropic medications and as one

of you said its going to take for my son to gain himself back.

I suppose what I would like to know is when the Mental Health team spotted which was not Psychotic but Autistic

what things would have stood out to them that might have looked strange hence my son ended up in a Childrens

mental health hospital on the very drug that a GP prescribed for him for anxiety , Olanzapine, and after 3 days of

taking it he said to me "mum I can't take this anymore, irs making me lose my memory" now for him to state this

it must have been a real confusion going on with the drug, it wasn't simply , "I can't remember what you said just now" or

I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night"

My names Julie if any of you remember me from the other day, and I still dont know how this forum works??? :)

Everything technical I fumble through. Thanks for reading

Parents
  • People have been calling me rude names like "paranoid" for years, but since pretty much everything I was talking about has indeed come to pass...

(plus a few things I hadn't been concerned about like biological weapons being deployed against us, even I didn't think my fellow humans would be that evil.)

I was bullied, "gaslighted" and whipped at home, so by the age f six I was already in the hands of the MH professionals, who finally figured out that I had "Anti-social tendencies" by the age of 11. Which was a fair cop, I was stealing, fighting (mostly involuntarily against bigger people or groups, so hell yes, I had "Antisocial tendencies" at that time ! 

I had noticed that ALL of my big problems came from OTHER PEOPLE not liking the "cut of my Jib" a trend that has continued to the present day... 

An unfortunate consequence of my diagnosis is that I now KNOW it's the other people who have done me wrong, I can see vast numbers of occasions in my personal history where people have really "ruined" me in some way because of the way THEY perceive me in their little empty heads, so apart from my half day a month of "public service" and a few decent friends, I stay as far away from "society" as I can possibly manage.

A process that started about 13 years ago, and has been so successful, I get ZERO junk mail, was not invited for a "vaccination", I get no tax or other demands, and when someone tried to dox me a while back even given my name, occupation and home town, they kept finding other people. 

Of course my lifestyle excludes me form many, many of the dubious "benefits" of "society", but it's been made abundantly clear to me over more than half a century that it isn't MY society.. 

I guess that's why I spend so much time here...

WOW! As I was about to hit "send" something sounding like violence erupted outside of the garage in which I am sitting followed by someone crashing into my garage door. The autism seems particularly strong today, and by the time I'd emerged from the front door, I was already completely inarticualate... 

• For me, I was diagnosed with Asperger's as a kid. But had mental episodes at the age of twenty; thinking to myself that I have schizophrenia. Now, I realise that it was one and the same.

Nowadays, the meds are just for show. I didn't get further repeat prescriptions. Then, I realised that an apple a day truly does keep the Doctor away. (for me, it's oranges and cranberry juice) 

• For me, I was diagnosed with Asperger's as a kid. But had mental episodes at the age of twenty; thinking to myself that I have schizophrenia. Now, I realise that it was one and the same.

Nowadays, the meds are just for show. I didn't get further repeat prescriptions. Then, I realised that an apple a day truly does keep the Doctor away. (for me, it's oranges and cranberry juice) 

Children
  • Drat!

I've long suspected that I run out of some sort of vital brain nutrient, and start to "go down hill" with any sort of Positive Mental Attitude, a nutrient which I replace "by accident" at some point, through diet and suddenly recover. I seem to go downhill slowly but come back quickly, which is why I suspected a chemical nutritional cause. 

I'm not good at diary style record keeping (unless it's keeping hold of them, in which case I'm very good, as a pile of cardboard boxes hereabouts will testify!) So I've not been able to work out yet if that is the case.

I always thought my swings were due to external circumstances until 1998 when I found myself living the perfect life (as my preconceptions would have it) with the obvious metal fillip that gives until one day, I HAD TO take a day off from my very very lucrative (by my standards, I was the lowest paid guy in the place of course) and interesting work, "because I couldn't face going in that day".

Up until then the only really lunatic thing that I knew I did (outside of how use a motorcycle) was smoking the tobacco. Suddenly I had to add being "inappropriately annoyed about life".. 

Another 35 years passed, and then I finally got to understand...

• I meant that I avoided the worst of a cold, and kept cancer at bay. 

• Are you saying that oranges and cranberry juice have a measureable effect on your mental well being?