HATRED

I am really concerned about hatred these days, particularly the "manufactured" kind.

It is massively destructive, and every day there seems to be more of it.

What brings me to write this, is that today I reviewed the profile of someone who engaged in active hatred against me. I noted to my horror that both this person and at least one other person who they dragged into the controversy appear to no longer post on this site..

This is the result of ONE poster giving in to feeling and expressing hatred.

As it happened, although I triggered the hatred through clumsy use of language around a controversial subject, the overt hatred expressed by the poster was not tolerated well here, and there was a bit of an "I am Spartacus" moment where a number of people stood up (virtually!) and refuted the hatred, and indeed tried to explain my position better than I had to the person. I am very grateful to those people indeed, it was a rare event in my life.

But I'm not happy about the outcome. Several people got cut off form this sometimes dead useful resource because of hatred, and what's worse, manufactured hatred. (More on that later, if I finish this).

Another example of destructive (and manufactured) hatred is of course the situation in Ukraine.. Now I am quite concerned about this one (for very disturbing reasons I prefer not to share) and I've been busily collecting information like only a 'sperg can... I've noticed just the same as with covid-19, that if I just go to You tube, facebook twitter or watch the T.V. I get a unified and plausible story, which is then also reflected in the opinions of most of the people I know.

However, I was already aware since 2011or thereabouts that there is another and very different story being told elsewhere. (Now I'll confess straight way, that I have learned to distrust the manistream narrative since we were told that chernobyl radiation was in welsh sheep. I KNOW the truth of the matter and it's very different to what you were told. but that's a disturbing side issue, which I only mention because it's what set me off on the path of "questioning the narrative" and looking for other sources of information). 

This is important, because the hatred most of you feel for the Russians or Ukrainians (depending on what you read) is based entirely on what you've been told. Because both stories are so very different it is LOGICAL TO CONCLUDE that one narrative is false and one is true.

The hatred on at least one side of the argument is based on lies, or at best malicious misunderstanding. 

THIS is what I mean by "manufactured hatred". To lie on a big enough scale to trigger a war, means that an awful lot of people on one side of any given argument accepted the lie as truth. Are they evil? Are they stupid fools? Let's use logic and observation for a moment.  Look at how people are. Most of them are busy with their own lives. Not many of you have hours and hours to philosophise and analyse the world, and world events, because to be honest, (and I want to think like this too!) some war in a foreign land is less of an immediate threat to their well being than that co-worker who is scheming against them, or the unanticipated rise in the cost of living, or their autism, and many, many far more urgent and pressing issues. That's just life. 

So where do they get their information about the world? Well, it used to be the Newspaper and the TV and the Radio. All of which are projecting the same information. So as Goebels proved so comprehensively, if you use those media to paint anyone you want to go to war on as an evil oppressor "who is coming for you next" (after he has finished with Ukraine!) the population will fall in line. And they do, every single time!! 

Last Christmas they were talking about rounding up people who declined the Mrna Jabs and putting them in camps. A "pandemic of the unvaccinated" they called it. "Manufactured hatred" was what it was. The unvaccinated were't spreading Covid, We were all to busy "keeping low" and finding out what medicines actually worked against this manufactured Virus. Since a lot of us lost our jobs we were't the ones going out partying and spreading the virus it was those who believed the initial propaganda about how the "vaccine"gave protection against acquiring or transmitting the virus, claims that were downgraded steadily. The manufactured hatred against the unvaccinated was completely and utterly founded on disinformation propagated entirely and universally by the mainstream media. And everyone thinks they can't be mass manipulated into hatred and the few that can see that reality then say "but they would never do it" in spite of the evidence staring them in the face!!.

And so people hated the unvaccinated for a while, then they hated the Russians and when the Chinese (as it looks like they are fixing to do) invade Taiwan, then you will probably  be manipulated into hating them.

There are alternatives to natural gas, (such as getting a logburner with back boiler plumbed in to your C/H and instead of throwing those amazon boxes away, you can make a super cardboard mache fuel out of them, like I did. Well I made the fuel, but my partner who is the breadwinner doesn't see the need for me to add the log burner, so I guess I'll sell, or give away, what I've made so far...) but quite how well we will do without Chinese manufactured goods I do not know...

The antithesis to all this hatred is love, of course. But how do you love those who espouse hatred, or worse are actively weilding it against you? 

I would suggest that a good start is to next time you feel hatred for a group of people, you realise that their (clearly misguided) hatefulness is based on what they know (or think they know) AS IS YOUR OWN HATRED. They are people just like you. They don't want to be hated any more than you do!  

And I have to ask the question (since no one else will) Is it fair or reasonable to hate someone simply for only being exposed to a limited set of information from which they have formed their hateful opinions, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO BUSY TO LOOK INTO THINGS DEEPER?

As Autists, we are particularly likely to encounter random personal hatred directed at us for our neurodivergence.

We know how destructive it is.

So why do so many of us descend into it?      

Parents
  • A fascinating topic. I cant quite figure out all of this but one thing I would say is that as well as being manipulated into hatred we are also being manipulated into fear. 

If you look at the news in the last few years, we are constantly being made to be afraid. Everything that happens is the end of the world. Every new covid variant is a worldwide panic. The war in Ukraine was manipulated into making us believe Putin was going to press the nuclear button on us any minute. The latest and most absurd one is the hot weather we have been having. After the day of 39 degree heat I had a look at the headlines the following day "Hellfire!" "The day Britain burned" These were just a few. In reality it was a abnormally hot day caused by some freak weather events, it was not the end of the world. If you look into the drought and heatwave in the 1500's that was infinetly worse than today, it was a natural disaster that went on for several months. Italy was having temps in the 30s in winter for instance. Im pretty sure man made global warming wasnt a thing back then

We are being manipulated into fear about everything. Fear causes hatred

"Perfect love casts out fear"

• If we are fearful we are kept in our place. I totally agree with you about the headlines too. I think actually as population grows, more stuff will happen just because there are more people. The problem is rolling news and how things have to be ever more attention grabbing. I remember 30+degrees as a child but we didn't have weather warnings. I'm not denying climate change but every day there's a weather warning. EVERY DAY. Not even for extreme weather. Just normal weather. Current affairs have always happened but you would have to wait to hear about it. 99.9% of news we can do nothing about and it just makes us more scared. Going back to the really olden days....we would just be concerned about our immediate family and friends. Now we have the weight of the world on our shoulders and our primitive brains haven't caught up with how fast society has evolved.

• Actually, Climate Change Campaigners are stoking up the Media Hysteria. The Media, as it stands, is overwhelmingly Lib-Lab apologism. 

• We had climate change 1000s of years ago. The only difference is then we didn't have media tv news radio Internet scaring us. As humans we just got on with it. I know this is different because it's man made and the pace of it is different. But I'm saying if we were just living as animals we might think "crikey it's hot today" not "it's the end of the world". Even if it was the end of the world, we wouldn't have the same fear that a lot of us have because we would just be living and following our instincts and getting on with it. Like my cat did the other week when it was baking.

I've gone off topic cos the thread is about hatred not climate.

• We had climate change 1000s of years ago. The only difference is then we didn't have media tv news radio Internet scaring us. As humans we just got on with it. I know this is different because it's man made and the pace of it is different. But I'm saying if we were just living as animals we might think "crikey it's hot today" not "it's the end of the world". Even if it was the end of the world, we wouldn't have the same fear that a lot of us have because we would just be living and following our instincts and getting on with it. Like my cat did the other week when it was baking.

I've gone off topic cos the thread is about hatred not climate.

Children
No Data