Oh boy; mental health services...

... just reading through a SARS release of my MH records.. 

Anyone else done this? 

The degree to which they have failed to understand or recognise an Aspie, when she is right in front of them is staggering in 2019,. I have to forgive the ignorance regardless  But in the absence of understanding the readiness to blame and misdiagnosed me and then hide that from me, is really quite unforgivable. 

So much hidden under guise of "therapeutic privelege" . Dear God! No wonder that never went well!

I can never trust them again. But, I will fight for something better for others.

Parents
  • It's terrible isn't it. Mental health services really have no idea about autism. I don't think they even try to understand if I'm honest. I've tried explaining it, my needs so many times but it's like hitting head in a brick wall repeatedly. At the end they still make me go to hospital.

It's like whenever I'm introduced to doctors or nurses it's "this is Phoenix, she's a schizophrenic." Never mention the autism which I feel should be mentioned first.

I'm trying to fight to make it better and easier for others as well.

All the best x

• Yeah, just found out that services didn't even flag my records that I am autistic when I gave them my diagnosis and profile report. There is no evidence they even scanned those documents to the system.

Seriously??? The very thing that was behind my medical phobias all along, the very reason CBT does not work, and the most important thing they could possibly know about me. What did they do with my diagnosis, put it in the bin? Grrrrr...

I do now have a complaint in re the previous misdiagnosis and the way that breached all the NICE guidelines. The investigating officer is now having tidy up all these things for me. She put the flag on today, five months after I gave them the evidence.

• This reply was deleted.
Reply Children
  • My GP has on their internal system and have assured me there is a flag on the local hospital system and the local ambulance service.  It was mental health that had received my diagnosis and had not flagged it and their systems certainly should.  It has been done now.  Maybe our local systems are different to yours.