Mental health

My mental health is poor. Hardly surprising as I've got a few problems like the autism and I lost my mum who was like my rock. I feel depressed a lot which I'm trying to get through but it's so hard. I have a lot of built up self hatred and at times I don't particularly want to be here anymore. Try to avoid the news because it's depressing and makes me feel worse. The rest of my family don't like me and I have no one else in my life to turn to except my dog Biscuit x

Sorry. Rant over x

• Yay! Aww Lee I'm so happy for you. She sounds a right cutie and so playful. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with her! I find dogs are so much fun, great friends and you never get lonely or bored with them. It gives you something nice to look forward to each week as well.

I've read a lot of people's interests here already. You're all so interesting. I've been inspired to give a few things a go. Including you, travelling. That's something I'd love to do with Biscuit, maybe local first and then go a bit further out.

I hope you've had a great day today x

• Biscuit sounds great. I have just arranged to 'borrow' a dog once a week to walk and play with. She is a staffie crossed with a collie, so has a LOT of energy! Will be very long walks, and she loves to chase a ball - but wont bring it back! I met her today, and will be taking her out on Saturday for 3 or 4 hours. Shrb7s very affectionate, loves cuddles and belly rubs.

I hope you can find some interests that make you happy, there are lots of people here with a wide range of passions and hobbies, maybe that will inspire you. I love researching and doing detailed  planning for travel to lots of countries, and seeing lots of different animals in the wild.

Hope you and Biscuit have had a good day x

• Hi Lee, thanks for your reply to my rant. I appreciate it. I meant to join Nas a while ago but kept putting it off but finally decided to last night. I'm glad I did. Already met so many nice people here.

I am so sorry you lost your parents and your friend. I've only lost my mum and that was crushing, I can't imagine losing anybody else. I'm so sorry xx. Are autistic traits do make things a lot harder don't they. Life can be unbearable at times. I wish it wasn't so hard all the time. Mentally I'm wrecked at the moment. I'm glad you're doing okay, hopefully you will also start to find more happiness. I'm glad you've found a few things that work for you. I'm still looking for mine. I'm hoping to be here a lot now hopefully.

I hope you do get a dog at some point. Biscuit makes a big difference to my life and I know I wouldn't be here if she wasn't here with me. She's a Labrador but cross with another dog but I'm not sure which. We go for walks together a lot and she cuddles up to me which is so sweet. She's my only friend at the moment and I'm so lucky to have her.

• Hi Mariusz, thanks for the video link. Looks interesting I'll give it a watch. Thank you.

I don't like to rant makes me feel bad for foisting everything on everyone else, but thank you, I do appreciate it. X

Aw thank you. I love her name. I hope you get that flat, your names for them rock! They are so fitting Slight smile

• Hi phoenix,Yeah it is difficult I struggle to adjust to all this now. It's really damaged my mental stability but I'm trying to get back in control again. Thanks for the cruse link I've had a look already and it looks really useful. Thank you x

• Yep more or less get that if we weren't viewed as leaders seen as unfit to reproduce offspring or made out to look like criminals by overly sensitive NTs that purely try and sabatoge is through life cause they see us being unfit for society or burdens then yes our lives would probably be a lot more average and easy to manager. Have you ever wondered why NTs make us out to look violent when we're not it's because they hide and bait us untill we do lash out then try and set is up so were taken out of society and out of the system so when I say it feels like it's us against them I mean it's us against them 

• HI Luna,

I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling, I thinks this forum can help give you support/let you know you are not alone in what you are going through.

I lost both parents and my best friend in a short period of time awhile ago, which drove me into serious depression - made worse by my autistic traits/difficulties talking to people about what I was feeling.  But I got through it, and am still here - not the happiest person in the world by any means, but I try to focus on a few things that motivate me/make me feel 'content'.  And chatting with people on here is helping a lot.

I would actually love a dog for companionship, I think they are amazing creatures and very loyal/don't judge people. That isn't possible due to where I liv, and because of my work, but hopefully one day. when I retire... I'm glad you have Biscuit, would be great to hear what type of dog he/she is, and what you do together

• autism isn't a 'problem' I know it might feel that way but it's imposed by society on us

watch this https://youtu.be/A1AUdaH-EPM

rant is good thing to do when you feel like it, you can do it on this forum whenever you need

I like the name Biscuit. If I ever find a flat where I can have cats, I will adopt two and name them Blink and Cheescake

• Hi Luna. I'm sorry you lost your mum. Death is hard for anyone but especially hard when change is a problem like it is for us. I'm glad you have your dog, pets can be big helps when feeling bad. 

Also, if you haven't yet I would recommend Cruse. They are really supportive and might be able to help you with your feelings.

Here's the link: https://www.cruse.org.uk/

I've used them before and they helped me.

All the best.

• Thank you for replying I do appreciate it. I'm sorry you've been treated bad. I've been mistreated a lot, people hear autism and then suddenly you're treated like dirt. That's been my experience so far. I'm glad you still have your mum and I hope you do for many longer years. I couldn't believe it the day my mum died. I was 16 at the time it's been 10 year and I'm feeling worse. Hoping it will get easier soon. Take care pickle x

• Probably PTSD a lot of us on the spectrum haven't found a way of dealing it but I do too. Due the way I've been treated because of my condition not understanding others not being able to understand me. Sorry to here about your mum I'd probably feel the same way once my folks eventually pass. Question how I'll manage on my own at times life feels like a time bomb counting down that dreaded day too as if I'm running out because of it. Hence pickle Rick as my username cause in the series he turns himself into a pickle out of self hatred and loving just to challenge him self to see if he will survive as one. Not sure I'm the one to help but your not alone in how you feel the Autistics who haven't realised this are the ones who are lucky enough to be sheltered still by there parents.