Shutdown? Or something else?

For the first time in my life, I'm developing anorexic tendencies with food. I ate nothing but cereal and hot food counter stuff during the day, and I have ZERO motivation to cook. 

Also, I cancelled the breakdown van, asked another mechanic and will bring my car there on Monday. Again, I don't want to drive any more today. 

Is it a shutdown? Or is it something more? 

Parents
  • I would say this isnt anorexic behaviour, it is Autistic behaviour. It’s quite common to suddenly change one’s diet, and it can become quite rigid and controlled. I would say that it usually occurs with stress, burnout or other life changes, but it can happen any time.

The good thing is you are aware of it. And you are eating. 
    Advice given to me was, keep eating, even if it’s not what you usually eat, or if it’s a smaller portion. Don’t feel pressured to cook a square meal, but eat what you fancy at the time.

Since experiencing total burnout just over a year ago, I am still struggling to cook meals. My motivation in life is very low still, but I am improving slowly. 

i don’t know if any of that is helpful or not, but I’m sure you and I are not the only ones to experience this behaviour out of the blue. If you are worried at all, please speak to a professional.

• I would say this isnt anorexic behaviour, it is Autistic behaviour. It’s quite common to suddenly change one’s diet, and it can become quite rigid and controlled. I would say that it usually occurs with stress, burnout or other life changes, but it can happen any time.

The good thing is you are aware of it. And you are eating. 
    Advice given to me was, keep eating, even if it’s not what you usually eat, or if it’s a smaller portion. Don’t feel pressured to cook a square meal, but eat what you fancy at the time.

Since experiencing total burnout just over a year ago, I am still struggling to cook meals. My motivation in life is very low still, but I am improving slowly. 

i don’t know if any of that is helpful or not, but I’m sure you and I are not the only ones to experience this behaviour out of the blue. If you are worried at all, please speak to a professional.

Children
No Data