Changing perception of others

Does anyone else find they view others differently depending on how they feel?

Sometimes I see almost everyone as hostile! I know logically they can't be, but I have the feeling that they are, even good friends.

At other times I don't see the rest of the world as hostile at all.

Is this an aspie autism thing, or does this happen to everyone (or is it jus me on my ownSob)?

Parents
  • I view everything differently depending on how I feel.

Problem is, I usually don't know how I feel.

• That sounds familiar.

Do you think that's an autism thing tho

• For me, yes.

I often struggle to know what and how I feel in regard to physical and emotional states.

I know when I am irritable, but not often why.

From what I was told, some of that might be down to Alexithymia. Apparently, a large percentage of autistic people can also have alexithymia, but I think it is also a stand alone condition... but I'm no expert.

I'm also waiting for an assessment for  ADHD, so I'm not sure how much that complicates things.

I'm new to all this and am trying to work everything out, but my moods, interests, and responses to things can change like the wind.

Sorry, probably a bit of a none answer.

• hmm 

I have always thought that my irritability comes from paranoia, that makes me think, that everyone is making fun of me, or against me. Sometimes it's strong enough to override other emotional jumble.

I've got alexythymia too. and I read that it isn't autistic only. While it might not seem so scary, that you can't read people, it is only until you realise it makes you unable to tell when they are lying to you too. I can't tell when my mather does that, and I know her over 40 years, I know about them only because it came out later.

• hmm 

I have always thought that my irritability comes from paranoia, that makes me think, that everyone is making fun of me, or against me. Sometimes it's strong enough to override other emotional jumble.

I've got alexythymia too. and I read that it isn't autistic only. While it might not seem so scary, that you can't read people, it is only until you realise it makes you unable to tell when they are lying to you too. I can't tell when my mather does that, and I know her over 40 years, I know about them only because it came out later.

Children
No Data