Psychosis in autism

This is a link to download an open access article about psychosis and autism.  I've found it useful and I thought others might too. I hope that sharing this is allowed.  I know that autism is not a type of psychosis by the way, this is about people who have both.

https://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/papers/2017_Larson_Psychosis-in-autism.pdf

Parents
  • I understand definitions have changed over time. I finally found confirmation on Wiki that so-called childhood schizophrenia would not be called that now, not since the 89's. In the 60's and early 70's I was being labelled as prepsychotic.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? 

• Are you referring to how autism used to be called schizophrenia?  It looks as though children can get actual schizophrenia - which I think they call early onset schizophrenia now - I'm not sure though.  It must have been frustrating to get an inaccurate diagnosis.  I'll shut up now and see if anyone answers your actual question.

• I know autism was called a psychosis, I remember it being called that in a 70's documentary that came up.

Not so long ago Oprah interviewed a child, a January Schofield, said to have experienced late onset schizophrenia. She was dosed up to the eyeballs with largactil, though some suspect the diagnosis might have been wrong.

Schizophrenia in children would also come with active hallucinations. 

I never heard or saw things imcidentally, some of my obsessions seemed to have similarities with January's though. 

• I know autism was called a psychosis, I remember it being called that in a 70's documentary that came up.

Not so long ago Oprah interviewed a child, a January Schofield, said to have experienced late onset schizophrenia. She was dosed up to the eyeballs with largactil, though some suspect the diagnosis might have been wrong.

Schizophrenia in children would also come with active hallucinations. 

I never heard or saw things imcidentally, some of my obsessions seemed to have similarities with January's though. 

Children