Psychosis in autism

This is a link to download an open access article about psychosis and autism.  I've found it useful and I thought others might too. I hope that sharing this is allowed.  I know that autism is not a type of psychosis by the way, this is about people who have both.

https://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/papers/2017_Larson_Psychosis-in-autism.pdf

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing.  I realise that the relationship between the two conditions isn't well understood, but have heard that they may go on the same gene markers.  It worries me a lot. 

I have never been psychotic, but am awaiting my ASD assessment.  I have just one lad; an adult now, and he is anything but autistic.  However, he did have a psychotic break a few years back - a bit of a shocker to us all, as I would have said he was the least likely person.  Just shows, you can never tell...

Now that it looks like autism is on the agenda for me, could that have been my "fault", so to speak?  Did I pass him the gene that made him susceptible?  I guess we'll never know, but I do wonder.

• Thank you for sharing.  I realise that the relationship between the two conditions isn't well understood, but have heard that they may go on the same gene markers.  It worries me a lot. 

I have never been psychotic, but am awaiting my ASD assessment.  I have just one lad; an adult now, and he is anything but autistic.  However, he did have a psychotic break a few years back - a bit of a shocker to us all, as I would have said he was the least likely person.  Just shows, you can never tell...

Now that it looks like autism is on the agenda for me, could that have been my "fault", so to speak?  Did I pass him the gene that made him susceptible?  I guess we'll never know, but I do wonder.

Children