What are your anxiety coping strategies?

Hi everyone, 

I have been looking into creating a "calm space" in an area of my bedroom. Somewhere to relax and unwind. This will hopefully replace my need to sleep every time I get home from work, which is messing up my already mixed up sleep. I was wondering if anyone else has created a space like this? What do you have in your space? I was thinking of lights, calm music, and things I can balance ( to focus breathing). Also I like items that I can make gentle sounds with. Would be really interested to know what everyone else uses/ does to manage their anxiety.

Have you found any particular strategies that work for you?

Thank you

• u're new, I  believe, so Welcome to this forum Slight smile

• Thank you Seanado, that really does help. And you're right, there is no point in papering over the cracks. I need to find the causes and then address them. Silly question, do you have a starting point I could use. Everything seems too much at the moment. 

• Everyone finds different things calming, so I don't think I can help with the specifics, but, at a hight level, I analyse the cause of the anxiety, research possible permanent solutions/avoidance methods and then plan a route out of those anxiety causing environments or situations, permanently.

This takes me to a better place long term and leads, almost immediately, to a higher tolerance for the causes of those anxieties as I am taking positive steps toward removing them and they are now quantitatively short term problems that I have a plan to eliminate.

Coping mechanisms are only useful if they provide long term solutions and don't just paper over the cracks.

I don't know if this helps, but I hope so. You are stronger than you think.