My child’s being bullied and retaliating.

Hello, I’m new to the group as I thought I was handling my 11 year being Autism. But, looks like I’m not. Ellie has just started secondary school and things are not going well. She’s getting bullied as she’s clearly an easy target! She then retaliates and ends up in trouble. The school are not doing enough, TAMS aren’t doing enough and I’m lost. I have kept Ellie at home today as she was going to be spending another day in isolation! Although I work and my husband works she comes first. Are there any support groups we can do to?. Ellie may need to change schools. She knows she different and we have explained Aspergers to her and she understands how special she is. I’m struggling.she needs to be with kids who understand her........ help!. Xx

Parents
  • Hi ,

I'm mum2017, and just like you I have a lad, 7, who is struggling as well. I've searched for groups for support as the schools make minimal efforts to help. I decided to tackle the issue from a  different angle, (some better than some) because as a mum, it's hard knowing you can't fight these battles and you can't hide our children forever. I tried unsuccessfully to help him deflect and ignore the bulling, but in my search which started a few months ago,I found this http://www.simonbenn.co.uk/resource-for-parents

It is a process, but I've seen improvements so far. The awful boys at school still harass my lad but he is dealing with it in strides.Take a look at the site, and we can work together as well as with this forum to help our little angels.

• Hi ,

I'm mum2017, and just like you I have a lad, 7, who is struggling as well. I've searched for groups for support as the schools make minimal efforts to help. I decided to tackle the issue from a  different angle, (some better than some) because as a mum, it's hard knowing you can't fight these battles and you can't hide our children forever. I tried unsuccessfully to help him deflect and ignore the bulling, but in my search which started a few months ago,I found this http://www.simonbenn.co.uk/resource-for-parents

It is a process, but I've seen improvements so far. The awful boys at school still harass my lad but he is dealing with it in strides.Take a look at the site, and we can work together as well as with this forum to help our little angels.

Children
No Data