DLA forms

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and to threads so please forgive any oops'es. 

We are applying for DLA for our some who is diagnosed with extreme low cognitive processing and autism. 

I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and wondered if there was anyone who helps families fill these types of forms out? 

Thanks in advance 

Parents
  • Hi Sam we are in oldham near Manchester, we have a service called Point but they don't offer this kind of help. Iv been to the doctor and he doesn't know of any service who can help , just don't know where to turn to be honest. 

• Citizens Advice bureau are good at completing all sorts of forms, inc DLA.  Sometimes the local council may have a welfare rights/money advice section who can also help to fill the forms in.  Ring the council up and/or ask your social worker if you have one. 

• Citizens Advice bureau are good at completing all sorts of forms, inc DLA.  Sometimes the local council may have a welfare rights/money advice section who can also help to fill the forms in.  Ring the council up and/or ask your social worker if you have one. 

Children
  • Yes I agree.. Citizens advice or Welfare Rights are good. Also a website called Benefits and Work which help fill in forms. I don't think there is DLA now? It's Pip Personal Independence Payment...? Please be sure to get help of some sort because filling ton the forms well makes a huge difference to what you are paid.