Hello

Just saying hi

i was diagnosed a year at the ripe age of 48. It has taken/is taking sometime to get my head round and I have had some mental health problems for which I am having some support.

thought I would join the community to say high to like minded people.

regards

jon

Parents
  • Hi Jon, and welcome.  You'll find this a friendly community with lots of kindred spirits.

I was late-diagnosed, too, at age 56 (58 now).  It takes its time, as you say.  It can be overwhelming.  For me, though, I have to say it's been overwhelmingly positive.  For years, I've suffered with anxiety and depression.  I still get those, but the depressions haven't been quite so bad since diagnosis, because I now have something tangible to pin things on.  The diagnosis helped me to make sense of so much of my life!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care,

Tom

• Hi Jon, and welcome.  You'll find this a friendly community with lots of kindred spirits.

I was late-diagnosed, too, at age 56 (58 now).  It takes its time, as you say.  It can be overwhelming.  For me, though, I have to say it's been overwhelmingly positive.  For years, I've suffered with anxiety and depression.  I still get those, but the depressions haven't been quite so bad since diagnosis, because I now have something tangible to pin things on.  The diagnosis helped me to make sense of so much of my life!

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care,

Tom

Children
No Data