Just registered

Hi, we have just joined TNAS and saying hi. Our daughter of 14 yrs has recently been diagnosed with Autism. We are looking forward to advice/discussions about dealing with tantrums & behaviour in general.

Thanks, Darren & Julie

• Welcome Julie and Darren,

Please fill out your profile and give yourselves a name to replace the NAS24357 

enjoy

aidie

• Hello and welcome to the Forum anything you want to ask feel free to do so. I am no expert and have no children atall but I was a little girl one and I used to take a lot of meltdowns. Meltdowns are different to tantrums a meltdown you cannot stop them just like that you have to wait until the meltdown passes. Does your Daughter have a weighted blanket they are great things an. When I  gave a meltdown I just like to lie down on my sofa with my weighted blanket wrapped round me it is very comforting indeed just like someone giving you a hug  an helps calms you down I like to have a rest or some sleep after my meltdown. Hope this has been a help in some way to your selves . And feel free to ask any other question if I know the answer I will try to tell you, if not I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

Best wishes Fluffy.

• Thank you Nellie-Mod, that's much appreciated.

• Hi Darren and Julie,

Welcome to the Community. I thought I'd post the following link http://www.autism.org.uk/about/behaviour.aspx which provides some information about behaviour.

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod