Hi just registered

Hi my son was officially diagnosed today as autistic.hes 4 yrs old.i have suspected for a cpl yrs though.i dnt treat him any different to my older sons .i call him my demon child(jokingly) as hes violent at times and laughs when ppl are hurt or upset.i wldnt change him for the world as then he wldnt b my Charlie.my problem is how do i stop the violent outburst and turn his anger to something else.any advice wld b greatly received.thank you 

• Hi NAS24251,

Welcome to the forum.  In answer to your question I would suggest you try the following link for more information on behaviour and strategies:

http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour.aspx

Have a look at it and see if you can find anything helpful.  In addition there may be other community members that can offer you their personal tips an experience.

Hope you find something that helps you and your son.

Warm regards,

Heather - Mod

• Hi and welcome,maybe post your story in the parents and careers section.there are a lot of lovely people on here,somebody will have gone through what you are going through right now.

both parents of violent children and even those who are grown up but went through that stage. I can only suggest you find some way of occupying his attention. I have read that to focus the mind can change patterns of thought, take care.