Feeling lost

Hi

I've never wrote on anything like this before but I'm feeling completely lost and helpless at the moment. My 3 year has just been diagnosed with autism and my 2 year old has his assessment in 2 weeks time. I need to start looking at information on autism but I honestly can't bring myself to pick up the leaflets I was given. Im terrified to look too much into it. 

My 2 boys are good one to one but when they are together all I do is stop them from hitting each other. I'm just about at breaking point. 

Any advice on dealing with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Also I can not get my husband to talk to me about it. He's quiet anyway but I feel like I'm dealing with this on my own at the moment. 

Parents
  • Hi there

Take your time and don't expect too much of yourself at this early stage. It's difficult to get your head around but my advice is take advice but also hang on to your own unique ways of being and your unique children. You will find confidence and understanding of autism as you go along. Take time for yourself when you can to build your strength to deal with the difficulties and extra challenges. Best wishes and don't be rushed by anyone. Normal for male partners to be in denial btw. Just depends if they ever get out of it and if you can find a way of dealing with it if they can't - but again take your time and if you can stand it let him take his - as long as he does as you need him to come on the journey with you and the children if possible. Lots of love. Gil

• Hi there

Take your time and don't expect too much of yourself at this early stage. It's difficult to get your head around but my advice is take advice but also hang on to your own unique ways of being and your unique children. You will find confidence and understanding of autism as you go along. Take time for yourself when you can to build your strength to deal with the difficulties and extra challenges. Best wishes and don't be rushed by anyone. Normal for male partners to be in denial btw. Just depends if they ever get out of it and if you can find a way of dealing with it if they can't - but again take your time and if you can stand it let him take his - as long as he does as you need him to come on the journey with you and the children if possible. Lots of love. Gil

Children
No Data