Hi All

Hi everyone

I am a 52 year old male who has been given a provisional diagnosis of sub-autism/Aspergers 

I have joined here to find out what this actually means as it has come as a big shock to me

look forward to chatting with you all

Don

Parents
  • Hi Don,

Welcome!  58-year-old male here.  I was diagnosed 2 years ago.  There were natural downsides - mainly wishing it had been diagnosed when I was much younger - but it's been overwhelmingly positive.  Life makes a lot more sense now, right the way through.  Also, there's the fact that I can be taken seriously and ask for reasonable adjustments in the workplace, etc. 

Take a look around at some related threads.  And don't be afraid to ask questions.  Is there anything particular that worries you, or that you'd like to find out more about?  Ask away.  Someone will surely have an answer.

See you around.

Tom

• Hi Don,

Welcome!  58-year-old male here.  I was diagnosed 2 years ago.  There were natural downsides - mainly wishing it had been diagnosed when I was much younger - but it's been overwhelmingly positive.  Life makes a lot more sense now, right the way through.  Also, there's the fact that I can be taken seriously and ask for reasonable adjustments in the workplace, etc. 

Take a look around at some related threads.  And don't be afraid to ask questions.  Is there anything particular that worries you, or that you'd like to find out more about?  Ask away.  Someone will surely have an answer.

See you around.

Tom

Children
No Data