Totally new!

Hi,

I have a partner of 28 years who is aspergers, Im burnt out and we are separated at present for my sanity and his I expect. Only just coming to grasp the problems we've had have all been to do with aspergers, any one else the same? Done the nervous breakdown, totally burnt out. Need help and advice desperately , very lonely, very frustrated, broken family.

Parents
  • Sorry to hear you are going through a really tough time. 

I commend you for your loyalty to your partner for this long.....I strongly believe that my first husband was ASD.....and stuck out a 12 year marriage feeling very isolated and unloved.

how do you feel about being separated? I only ended my marriage when it got to the point that it was beginning to damage me psychologically and I did not want my son to grow up to thing that the nature of our relationship was the "norm".

are you hoping to get back together? Do you have support?

take care

• Hi, I do feel emotionally and mentally abused, and I am a therapist so I understand a lot of cycles and patterns of behaviour, just whatever therapy we have nothing ever changes or works, and its as if the next day, nothing has been learnt at all!!  I don't want to move on, yet I can't see how to make a relationship, no support at all... this has only come about because my therapist is 100% sure he has aspergers . He's undiagnosed and oblivious

• So the "elephant in the room" is you need support, or he does, I suspect you both do...,and it is getting hold of it...

worried that you said that you were burnt out which us not the best place to be in terms of making big decisions...

thinking of you

• Turtle, are you an empath, would you identify with that?

• Thanks for responding ! I don't know any one who knows how to help us yet, and my therapist didn't think it was a good idea to tell him him has aspergers? Its very very hard, we have 5 kids and 28 year history, marriage has broken up cos of his stuff, and I now have PTSD on top of it all from the life , don't feel much hope, but I am still trying.

• Thanks for responding ! I don't know any one who knows how to help us yet, and my therapist didn't think it was a good idea to tell him him has aspergers? Its very very hard, we have 5 kids and 28 year history, marriage has broken up cos of his stuff, and I now have PTSD on top of it all from the life , don't feel much hope, but I am still trying.

Children