Totally new!

Hi,

I have a partner of 28 years who is aspergers, Im burnt out and we are separated at present for my sanity and his I expect. Only just coming to grasp the problems we've had have all been to do with aspergers, any one else the same? Done the nervous breakdown, totally burnt out. Need help and advice desperately , very lonely, very frustrated, broken family.

Parents
  • Hi Turtle,

Welcome to the forum. I guarantee you are not alone in how you are feeling and what your going through! The NAS website has some great resources, and depending on where you live there are also lots of local organisations offering help and support to people with ASD and also people living with people with ASD.

You are doing the right thing in asking and looking for support! Don't give up hope! Slight smile

• Thank you for your reply, I need support! Its such a tiring life

Reply Children
  • Your welcome :) I know how tiring things can be, though I am on the diagnosed side of the fence. I have my NT other half, whois amazing, but we also have 3 children, 1 of whom is ASD and it is a tiring little world! Learning about my ASD in the last 2 years has taught me a lot about myself, and put a different viewpoint on my life up till 33, but with life, you have to keep on going or it mows you down.

Kerri-mod's post lower down is great! I know that there is support for people living with someone with ASD, and for my partner its fantastic that she will be able to meet people who are in the same boat as her!

Good luck!