Questions on ASD son slamming doors

My 10 year old son with ASD keeps slamming doors when he's angry and having a meltdown, we have tried to get him to stop and explain (when he's not in an angry mood), but it hasn't really made any difference and he still slams them.  

Only today did my son wake up at 6am and start to have a meltdown (lack of sleep due to heat, and because of something that happened yesterday), and then when my husband tried to calm him, my son slammed his bedroom door.  Which unfortunately then got my neighbour ringing on our doorbell just after 6am complaining to keep our child from slamming doors (not the first time they rang our bell complaining), which my husband had a real go at her (they conveniently forget he is autistic and have been told on many occasions) which unfortunately my son overheard so now thinks they wish he was dead !! ;0(

I was wondering if anyone has any door slamming issues and if getting soft door closers would help (worried about the safety of them and if they would do more damage to a door if forced).  

Any help most welcome.

Parents Reply Children
No Data