Just been diagnosed at 70 years old

I have just been diagnosed with high performing Asperger's Syndrome now called just ASD . I have led a Hellish life of being bullied harassment being ripped off for thousands of pounds of money no personal relationships . This and having Prostate Cancer led to Poor Mental Health with Anxiety and Depression . It was at a Mental health Assessment that the assessor said i probably had Asperger's Syndrome that was Christmas 2015 and it took till march 2017 to get an appointment with a psychiatrist and OT for 2 hour assessment . . I am still waiting for the final report before i can go to the Council for a Care Plan . The CCG only commission a few adult autism diagnosis sessions each year and no support after diagnosis . I am a service User Governor at the local mental health trust and waited 15 months for a diagnosis . Just my story a lot of pain and no support . Oh well i do what i can but not much about for Old age pensioner Adults with Autism 

Parents
  • This is very unfortunate. That it took this length of time for you to get an appointment speaks volumes. The health system has already failed you. So just go ahead and do whatever you can.

• This is very unfortunate. That it took this length of time for you to get an appointment speaks volumes. The health system has already failed you. So just go ahead and do whatever you can.

Children
No Data