Newbie saying 'Hi everyone'

Hi all,

Would just like to say 'Hi' to everyone, I'm a single mum of an 11 soon to be 12 year old lad with autism, he has moderate learning difficulties.

Hes in special school where he can be quite badly behaved yet at home...hes as good as gold so as you can imagine I,m more than a little confused.  He went to a mainstream primary school where they quite frankly had no idea on how to deal with his behaviour, once they punished him 2 weeks after he had done something wrong (he wasnt allowed to go to the end of term Christmas panto yet the 'offence' took place on the 3rd of December! when I tried to talk to the headmistress I was told she wasnt prepared to discuss the matter - anyway to cut a long story short they treated him very badly - I,m wondering now if this could have any bearing on his behaviour in his behaviour now in his special school? He doesnt see that all the kids there are on the spectrum, he thinks its just him.

Can anyone give me an idea of why hes chilled out at home but not at school? Thanks in advance all x

Parents
  • Hi Moonfairy,

I understand you have an enquiry regarding Behaviour. People on the autism spectrum disorder can often display behaviour that may be challenging. There will generally be a reason for this and it is important to try and understand the trigger for the behaviour when developing strategies.

Please see the following link for further information on behaviour and strategies:

http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour.aspx

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to post them on here and a member of the community or a moderator may be able to answer them for you.

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod

• Hi Moonfairy,

I understand you have an enquiry regarding Behaviour. People on the autism spectrum disorder can often display behaviour that may be challenging. There will generally be a reason for this and it is important to try and understand the trigger for the behaviour when developing strategies.

Please see the following link for further information on behaviour and strategies:

http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour.aspx

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to post them on here and a member of the community or a moderator may be able to answer them for you.

Best wishes,

Nellie-Mod

Children
No Data