teenage girls and autism

Good evening My name is debbie I have 16 yr old daughter who has been declining since she turned 13 years old. We have been under Camhs for the last year without much progress. It has come to light with sessions my daughter has with a mutual friend who is a Senco that he feels she is autistic. We met and the more questions I answered the more he is convinced. I would like to know what the diagnosis process will be with camhs? They have been so far unhelpful and have never really looked into my daughter and her issues and just gave her medication which hasn't helped at all. I am worried that they will not listen to me when I ask them to test her? At present she is in a PRU as her secondary school felt it wasn't a safe environment for her. The PRU is like a prison and are totally ignoring me at present. With GCSE exams fast approaching and her being so far behind I am pretty desperate for advice. Has anyone else been through this before?

Parents
  • Thank you so much for your comments. We have an appointment this week at Camhs and I will be discussing our concerns. 

I would really like to know my legal rights as far as her right to an unbiased Diagnosis. As the tone of voice her councillor used when I said my concerns was very off putting, almost implying I was ridiculous. 

Is there time frames/protocols they should follow? I want to be well in formed so they don't fob my off.

• Thank you so much for your comments. We have an appointment this week at Camhs and I will be discussing our concerns. 

I would really like to know my legal rights as far as her right to an unbiased Diagnosis. As the tone of voice her councillor used when I said my concerns was very off putting, almost implying I was ridiculous. 

Is there time frames/protocols they should follow? I want to be well in formed so they don't fob my off.

Children
No Data