Haii

Hello, I am a 23 years young female. I got diagnosed with Asperges when I was 22, I am still trying to come to terms with it, and how to deal with it all, I have always been different from everyone of my own age, I always got told I was a naughty child, and also got told I was unteachable in college, which I know isn't true..I am just not teachable as the rest of the world, people learn in different ways. Unfortuntally the learning system seems to have not cared about that. I am currently going to a TBG Learning in Swindon (My home town) which is helping me get out, as also suffering with anxiety to the extent that I find it extremely hard to get outside, TBG Learning is a bit like Job Centre but helps people with all mental health and other health problems; to find a job, a lady from there mentioned this website, so I thought i'd give it ago.
I was just wondering if anyone knows any good companies that help people like myself to meet and greet new people or just somewhere to go, or even just to help build up my confidence etc?

Thanks-Noodle 

Parents
  • Hi Noodle,

I can't help with your specific questions, but I just wanted to say that I was diagnosed 18 months ago - at age 56!  It was very positive to get that diagnosis, but it's been quite disorienting trying to get support.  I have similar problems to yours.  The 'formal' learning system kicked me out, though I have high intelligence and have proved my academic abilities in other areas.

The only sector that's helped me and given me the support I need is social care - but it very much depends who you get to work for.  I derive an awful lot of positive input from being able to help people more vulnerable than myself.

Take good care,

Tom

• Hi Noodle,

I can't help with your specific questions, but I just wanted to say that I was diagnosed 18 months ago - at age 56!  It was very positive to get that diagnosis, but it's been quite disorienting trying to get support.  I have similar problems to yours.  The 'formal' learning system kicked me out, though I have high intelligence and have proved my academic abilities in other areas.

The only sector that's helped me and given me the support I need is social care - but it very much depends who you get to work for.  I derive an awful lot of positive input from being able to help people more vulnerable than myself.

Take good care,

Tom

Children
No Data