Hi, I'm from abroad...

Hi, I'm a UK-educated 41-y-o foreigner who, I think, now has an autistic child in his family, in its care. I use the word "think" because she is only 1.4 months old and doctors where I live don't diagnose autism, nor even closely aware of this condition. Yet, my observations and tons of information I've read online leave me no room for much optimism that the traits I already see will smooth out. I have decided to join this page and forum because we have no such website in my own country and the UK is the country where I studied and lived for some time. I'm open for discussions and exchange of experience with any parent or carer who has had an autistic child and me and my family who take care of our little, lovely girl need much psychological, moral support that we don't know how to get. Please, write to me anyone.

Parents
  • You are most welcome. Please feel uninhibited to return here to this site, and post/ask any questions at any time if you need anything. Though I would never put words in others' mouths, I would say that we are more than willing to help in any way we can, if we can. 

One step at a time is the correct and logical thing to do. And as you indicate you have faith, I will add: in past encounters with others who have both faith and also children who are autistic, I feel it appropriate to share with you something said to me by one parent, in that they recognised in me that I was like their child. They said: "I always say that people like 'you' are God's message; that 'you' are the way you are because you are closer to God." 

Without wishing to confuse, as I can only speak in brief here; I will say this: whilst I do not have faith, a practicing faith, I understand nonetheless.: I see it's complexity - I understand it at an intrinsic level, and it is something which I am unable to communicate as language is not sufficient to convey the extent of the message in whole, yet it is glimpsed in the world: words, idea, the patterns that adorn sacred spaces of places of worship in certain cultures, composite geometry, mathematics, within art, within nature, and in whatever culture one may encounter. It is present everywhere.

I hope the above goes some way towards comforting you.

My very best wishes to you also for your well-being and that of your family.

• You are most welcome. Please feel uninhibited to return here to this site, and post/ask any questions at any time if you need anything. Though I would never put words in others' mouths, I would say that we are more than willing to help in any way we can, if we can. 

One step at a time is the correct and logical thing to do. And as you indicate you have faith, I will add: in past encounters with others who have both faith and also children who are autistic, I feel it appropriate to share with you something said to me by one parent, in that they recognised in me that I was like their child. They said: "I always say that people like 'you' are God's message; that 'you' are the way you are because you are closer to God." 

Without wishing to confuse, as I can only speak in brief here; I will say this: whilst I do not have faith, a practicing faith, I understand nonetheless.: I see it's complexity - I understand it at an intrinsic level, and it is something which I am unable to communicate as language is not sufficient to convey the extent of the message in whole, yet it is glimpsed in the world: words, idea, the patterns that adorn sacred spaces of places of worship in certain cultures, composite geometry, mathematics, within art, within nature, and in whatever culture one may encounter. It is present everywhere.

I hope the above goes some way towards comforting you.

My very best wishes to you also for your well-being and that of your family.

Children
No Data