hello

hello im an 27 year old women and a single mum to my 5 year old boy who got diosanged with ASD last February. i went on my first course today and you know what it hit me like a tone of bricks i just cant believe my baby boy has this disorder. at first i blamed my self about it but as people and docters have told me no its not me i begin to relise by the way sorry for my spelling. so me been a single mum is really hard to cope and understand how my son is dont get me wrong i wouldnt change him for the world he means everything to me i love him so much and i would do anything for him. my world is around him and i wouldnt have it any other way. i just want to get it all off my chest too be honest cause i cant really tell you how many times i have cryed today im a very emothianl person anyways. i dont know what else to say really. i have family who i can turn too but its diffrent this way i think telling someone who i dont know from adam lol. i worry all the time 24 7 everyday about my son thinking how is he going to get on in life when he is older. and at the moment as you can see i put my son first all the time i never have time for my self really so at this moment in time im not really botherd about having a reltionship with someone or even think about having another baby cause i know plenty of people tell me your only young you will be married and have other children but i dont too i want too put 100 percent in to my 5 year old son. that feels so good that i have got that off my chest lol i have been wanting to say that all day. so anyways if anyones reading this then thankyou so much for listening to me and so sorry again for my spelling plus im tpying to fast as well lol lol lol thanks again X

Parents
  • I can understand why you feel bad asall you have is so-called professionals telling you what they think is not right with your son.

Being autistic is just a difference. Many of us have good and useful lives and wouldn't change who we are. The best thing you can do for your son is to treat how he is as normal and don't fret because he's different or learns in a different way. Encourage him to love and explore his difference. That is the biggest gift you can give him because it will build his self worth and his confidence. And that is priceless.

Don't cry for your son, he is perfect as he is. Help us adjust the world to fit, its a big ask and we need all the help we can get.

• I can understand why you feel bad asall you have is so-called professionals telling you what they think is not right with your son.

Being autistic is just a difference. Many of us have good and useful lives and wouldn't change who we are. The best thing you can do for your son is to treat how he is as normal and don't fret because he's different or learns in a different way. Encourage him to love and explore his difference. That is the biggest gift you can give him because it will build his self worth and his confidence. And that is priceless.

Don't cry for your son, he is perfect as he is. Help us adjust the world to fit, its a big ask and we need all the help we can get.

Children
No Data