Greetings.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi.

I'm not really sure why I'm here other than I thought it might be thereputic to talk about my experiences around "autism", and hopefully open a few minds a long the way to new possibilities. I'm not at all convinced autism is a mental illness, or that I'm sick, or inferior to others in anyway as professionals are trying to make out, but do believe myself to be different, and I really don't want to be the same as anyone else anyway.

I hate my life, people, and society, I don't see a purpose to doing most things, especially adult things, paperwork and bills, and all that. I wish I could just live freely as I want to and not have to live how society expects me/coerces me to live, I'm sick and tired of it all, and just want out.

Parents
  • Hi Mr Creature

Autism is not a mental illness anymore than a woman becoming pregnant is ill.

Autism is a different wiring of your brain.  You think differently, which does not mean you think wrongly.  You see the world differently, you see different things as important, you have interests which many may consider strange and you may have what others describe as strange movements and tics.  But that in itself does not make an illness.

Warning, Rant Ahead .....!

Society makes it that people should conform.  Anyone, autistic or not, who does not conform to the 'norms' of society is often outcast.  Autistics though face other problems.Some may find us figures of fun, sometimes good natured but many times not. And society does not think it should adjust its way just for the sake of a small minority of its citizens.

So we are made to feel bad about our condition which leads us to getting depressed and anxious and stressed.  We try to conform, we try to learn the 'script' of normality but this can only go so far.  We will forget the 'play of life' we are acting in and get it wrong, forget what we are doing.  We want to be alone, to do things our way, but society wants us to act as part of a collective, a team. And we are not team players. 

We may excel at some things, we may have much better ways of doing things, but to conform we are prevented from doing them, left like caged animals.  We are compelled to do things we cannot do, but are then punished for being what we are, autistic with difficulties in understanding the world of the neurotypical.  So this leads to even more mental problems.

Society wants to put people in a place where they are controlled by others, so they all comply.  It cannot have people using their skills in different ways since it would take away that control that society has.  A minority of people own businesses, some of which become very profitable. 

It suits these businesses to be able to control others, to keep them in their place, in order to increase their profits.   The business owners  do not have the skills themselves but control those who do have the skills, controlling their hours that they work, and the money they earn. The workforce is enslavened to this as they are trapped into the system, they are made to think that the only outlet for their skills is to be controlled by someone else who will provide a small monetary reward for working, but the employee has little real say in what this reward is, since there are others available to do the work if they get too 'greedy'.  And so the circle goes on.

All this causes a great number of problems for those of us on the autistic spectrum.  We need stability, certain tasks, have difficulty with multitasking, difficulty with instant changes to routine, difficulty with sensory overload, get frustrated with too many conflicting instructions and have trouble reading social cues. We may like to talk to ourselves, need time to clear the mind,  have difficulty after being interrupted so it can take a while to gather our thoughts again.

I wouldn't want myself to be any different to what I am either.  I am me.  And despite my so called faults, why would I want to change?

• Hi Mr Creature

Autism is not a mental illness anymore than a woman becoming pregnant is ill.

Autism is a different wiring of your brain.  You think differently, which does not mean you think wrongly.  You see the world differently, you see different things as important, you have interests which many may consider strange and you may have what others describe as strange movements and tics.  But that in itself does not make an illness.

Warning, Rant Ahead .....!

Society makes it that people should conform.  Anyone, autistic or not, who does not conform to the 'norms' of society is often outcast.  Autistics though face other problems.Some may find us figures of fun, sometimes good natured but many times not. And society does not think it should adjust its way just for the sake of a small minority of its citizens.

So we are made to feel bad about our condition which leads us to getting depressed and anxious and stressed.  We try to conform, we try to learn the 'script' of normality but this can only go so far.  We will forget the 'play of life' we are acting in and get it wrong, forget what we are doing.  We want to be alone, to do things our way, but society wants us to act as part of a collective, a team. And we are not team players. 

We may excel at some things, we may have much better ways of doing things, but to conform we are prevented from doing them, left like caged animals.  We are compelled to do things we cannot do, but are then punished for being what we are, autistic with difficulties in understanding the world of the neurotypical.  So this leads to even more mental problems.

Society wants to put people in a place where they are controlled by others, so they all comply.  It cannot have people using their skills in different ways since it would take away that control that society has.  A minority of people own businesses, some of which become very profitable. 

It suits these businesses to be able to control others, to keep them in their place, in order to increase their profits.   The business owners  do not have the skills themselves but control those who do have the skills, controlling their hours that they work, and the money they earn. The workforce is enslavened to this as they are trapped into the system, they are made to think that the only outlet for their skills is to be controlled by someone else who will provide a small monetary reward for working, but the employee has little real say in what this reward is, since there are others available to do the work if they get too 'greedy'.  And so the circle goes on.

All this causes a great number of problems for those of us on the autistic spectrum.  We need stability, certain tasks, have difficulty with multitasking, difficulty with instant changes to routine, difficulty with sensory overload, get frustrated with too many conflicting instructions and have trouble reading social cues. We may like to talk to ourselves, need time to clear the mind,  have difficulty after being interrupted so it can take a while to gather our thoughts again.

I wouldn't want myself to be any different to what I am either.  I am me.  And despite my so called faults, why would I want to change?

Children
No Data