Hello - Parent of newly diagnosed teen with ASD

Hi All,

Apologies if I go on a bit here, its taken a while to get to here.

15yo DD was just diagnosed before Xmas16 with ASD - we are still waiting the report from the consultant so we do not know actual details of diagnosis - diagnosed well before xmas and yes, still waiting - don't start me on the state of the NHS.  We know there is anxiety and depression so much so there has been threat to self over the past 12months including two spells in CAMHS hospital unit.  

Now DD is out of hospital, but has not been able to return to full time education, DD struggling with day to day life, depression is at an all time low.  We are keeping her safe and I believe that DD really doesnt want to end her life, but we are struggling to get her out of the depths of depression.  We are stuggling to find her help or local support groups around us.

Today I tried to get DD to walk to the local shops to get DD out of the house and some fresh air but again DD would not get out of bed.  We just can't seem to break the cycle.  If anyone has any guidance, suggestions, anything we would much appreciate it. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data