help-Social want to take the baby

HI

I am a parent who has an Autistic 18 yr old with a 9 month old baby. She has high anxiety, severe social anxiety. She doesnt drink or smoke or have any friends. She also has a great mask at hiding her autism so with her behavour she is looked at as an argumentative trouble maker. A reason she holds no friends.  The social services got involved as she had met a boy who was on the wrong road in life, and fell pregnant. Its been a very hard time for her with all social services and other services becoming involved because she is autistic and he was on the wrong road and her anxiety has been through the roof. She was made to to a partenting assessment that she agreed to but the assessor was constantly changing appointments or not turning up. Which then caused lots more anxiety and an anger towards the assessor which didnt help the assessment process. The report came back 6 months late and it was when the baby was 6 weeks old.  its now so outdated and there trying to use it to say she has no parenting skills There has been so many mistakes made by social services.  My daughter has worked well with all parties involved with helping her, ie family nurse and all are very happy with her parenting its just her management of her anxiety that she needs help with. Christmas week as social was preparing for there holidays they decided that they needed to act on the parenting assesment before holidays started and have me sign that the baby cant leave my care. (we have been trying to get a place for her and the baby as she need a calm enviroment. Home is busy with younger siblings and she struggles with sensory overload) She has raised the baby everyday whilst i am at work. 

Social then turned up day before christmas eve and said it was all cancelled as parenting assessment was out of date and not reliable.  

As you could imagine her Anxiety was on overload over christmas.  

I am looking for help on what i can do. Maybe a solicitor. Does anyone know of a good one out there.

Thank you for reading

•  

Hi Sarah123,

I'm so sorry that you and your family are experiencing such a stressful time. 

The team who are best equipped to answer your question would be our Autism Helpline, as they can provide you with information and advice on your issue. You can call them on 0808 800 4104(Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm), although please note that the Helpline is experiencing increasingly high demand, and you may not reach them straight away.

Please see the following link for further information:

www.autism.org.uk/.../main.asp

If you need extra advice after speaking to them, don't hesitate to post again and a community member or moderator will try to help you.

Kind regards,

Heather-Mod