Looking for advice and support

Hi everyone,

my name is Lara and I'm mum to mason who is 3.5 years old. He has global devlopment delays main problems are speech delay and lack of social skills. we don't have a diagnosis of autism yet but a few professiols have mentioned it. I am not sure if it is autism but he does has some signs. He plays with the same toys over and over. he is obsessed with lights switches door handles. he has been known to sit and stare at strange objects. He has sensory problems and is fussy with food. only eats foods he knows. he lashes out at other children at school but I think it's a frustration thing because he can't speak. his actual speech and social skills are improving very slowly.

on the orher hand he gives eye contact, he smiles at you if you smile at him. he is fine with routine change he sleeps 12 hours a night. he has a great bond with his auties uncles and people he knows. he likes to give cuddles to everyone. hardly anything phases him. He hardly ever has any tantrums.

thing I question is from birth he's had chronic constipation and I think this affects him. if here has been a time when he's been to the toilet well he's like a different child and acts totally differently.

im really worried that they going to diagnose with autism and it could be something else. 

any comments or advice appreciated

Parents Reply Children
No Data