Hi Im Seth, its a very good chance i have aspergers

Hello , i am 39 and have found out that its a very good chance i have aspergers . I am waiting for a drs appointment now , soonest one is 2 weeks away. I have done some reading since we ( me my partner and my sister ( my sis is a nurse who works with children on the spectrum ) ) came to the conclusion and it seems to just make so much sense of my whirlwind past and my current need for solitude . So many things in my life make more sense now ; Has anybody got any advice about how to get a speedy diagnosis, if there is such a thing ?

Parents
  • In the NHS you can wait up to two years for a diagnosis. You can go private and pay for one but sometimes the NHS will not accept the findings of a diagnosis got in this way.

A diagnosis may be of limited use, the NHS provides no support for autistic adults. That said its good to know what you are.

Tests can only ever be a general indication. Its frustrating that we feel the need to justify ourselves as autistic by getting high scores on these tests, some of which are very questionable. I never heard of a neurotypical person doing an online test to prove how neurotypical they were. Maybe we should all write one.

First question: do you enjoy going to noisy bars, sitting too close to people and talking rubbish?

• In the NHS you can wait up to two years for a diagnosis. You can go private and pay for one but sometimes the NHS will not accept the findings of a diagnosis got in this way.

A diagnosis may be of limited use, the NHS provides no support for autistic adults. That said its good to know what you are.

Tests can only ever be a general indication. Its frustrating that we feel the need to justify ourselves as autistic by getting high scores on these tests, some of which are very questionable. I never heard of a neurotypical person doing an online test to prove how neurotypical they were. Maybe we should all write one.

First question: do you enjoy going to noisy bars, sitting too close to people and talking rubbish?

Children
No Data