Autism, epilepsy and sodium valporate any parents out there ??!!??

Hello I am new to this site, I just want to see if there are any parents out there who have dealt with autism caused by epilepsy medication (sodium valporate). My 22 month old has been refered to a geneticist as they have suspicions she has fetal valporate syndrome which has potentially caused my princess massive development problems. She has been refered to paed for autism assessment and has speech therapy, ot and physio on 7th september. She can only say 3 words and walks on her tip toes,  constant arm flapping, flicking her eyes and repetitive behaviours such as closing/opening doors and cupboards along with fleeting eye contact and never points to anything or answers to her name. Nursery have told me her needs are to complex and needs a one to one plus she wont eat anything from the staff and her seperation anxiety is horrific. Its so difficult as my epilepsy is triggered by stress and im having lots of seizures and due to have an operation for a vns fitted ( pacemaker for the brain) im really struggling to cope. I just want the best for my princess!! And her big sister. Everybody is sad in our house and I know she can pick up on the bad vibes, any parents who have been on sodium valoprate please contact me id really appreciate it xxxxx thanks for taking the time to read my story.

Parents Reply Children
No Data