Clothing Issues

Hi,

I have just joined and am wanting to chat with other parents of an older child with Aspergers/ADHD, my son is currently 11 years old, who is having issues with clothing.

My son becomes anxious at the mere mention of having to get dressed..this issue is not only affecting clothes but shoes, glasses on the face and even bedding.

In his words, 'nothing ever feels right'.

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi,

i think a lot of it is just trying to find out what works for your child. There are some tops that you can get which are long sleeved which are designed to be worn under clothes, they are tight/skin hugging which might distract from the movement of the looser clothes?

have a look at the online "sensory smart store", they have a lot of stuff which we have used and found Helpful.

my daughter wears what she calls her "Huggy vest", it's a tight compression vest and is seamless and that helps a lot, although more Suitable for cold weather!

hope you find something that helps.

• Hi,

i think a lot of it is just trying to find out what works for your child. There are some tops that you can get which are long sleeved which are designed to be worn under clothes, they are tight/skin hugging which might distract from the movement of the looser clothes?

have a look at the online "sensory smart store", they have a lot of stuff which we have used and found Helpful.

my daughter wears what she calls her "Huggy vest", it's a tight compression vest and is seamless and that helps a lot, although more Suitable for cold weather!

hope you find something that helps.

Children
No Data