First time on here initiall screening assessment tomorrow for aspergers

I am a 40 year old and and am feeling rather nervous but I need to put my self out there. I have asked for an assessment for aspergers. My son was diagnosed one year ago and I have listened to key speakers in various groups and I felt my situations I have been in were being described. I have been trying to justify my reasons that I would be suitable for an assessment and I have been invited for a first appointment initial screening to make a decision to have a full assessment. My appointment is tomorrow. 

Parents
  • Hello. I felt the same way before my first appointment and was 'proper anxious' as we say in the West Country!

There was nothing to worry about though, and it was such a relief to take off my 'social face' and be honest about how I really perceive the world around me and the crazy neurotypicals I have to interact with...

I'm 45 myself, so in a similar position to you. How was your first appointment?

• Hello. I felt the same way before my first appointment and was 'proper anxious' as we say in the West Country!

There was nothing to worry about though, and it was such a relief to take off my 'social face' and be honest about how I really perceive the world around me and the crazy neurotypicals I have to interact with...

I'm 45 myself, so in a similar position to you. How was your first appointment?

Children
No Data