First time on here initiall screening assessment tomorrow for aspergers

I am a 40 year old and and am feeling rather nervous but I need to put my self out there. I have asked for an assessment for aspergers. My son was diagnosed one year ago and I have listened to key speakers in various groups and I felt my situations I have been in were being described. I have been trying to justify my reasons that I would be suitable for an assessment and I have been invited for a first appointment initial screening to make a decision to have a full assessment. My appointment is tomorrow. 

Parents
  • Hi Tinawinarunnabeena,

I received my diagnosis last year - aged 56.  My initial assessment was carried out in my home in 2014.  It lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a series of further questions about my life and behaviours.  This was a follow-up after taking the AQ test, on which I scored 39.

Have you taken that test yet?  I presume so... but maybe this will form part of your assessment.  Depends on how they work it where you live.

Here's the test, anyway:

aspergerstest.net/.../

Try not to be too nervous about it.  They're not there to catch you out.  Just be completely honest with your answers.

Good luck.

Tom

• Hi Tinawinarunnabeena,

I received my diagnosis last year - aged 56.  My initial assessment was carried out in my home in 2014.  It lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of a series of further questions about my life and behaviours.  This was a follow-up after taking the AQ test, on which I scored 39.

Have you taken that test yet?  I presume so... but maybe this will form part of your assessment.  Depends on how they work it where you live.

Here's the test, anyway:

aspergerstest.net/.../

Try not to be too nervous about it.  They're not there to catch you out.  Just be completely honest with your answers.

Good luck.

Tom

Children
No Data