new here

Hi!

My first post so hope someone replies!

I'm mum to a 4 year old girl who was diagnosed ASD at the beginning of December. I'm a teacher so have some experience with autism, and have known she was ASD since she was about 2, but only recently had a diagnosis.

I'm struggling a bit with her behaviour at the moment and this is also the case at her nursery. She is SO stubborn and defiant and at the moment nothing can make her do what she doesn't want to do.

Any advice???

Parents
  • thanks for replying!

we were recommended the early bird course, but I'm a teacher and the mention of a weekly course didn't really go down well with work.

I spoke with the providers and they have recommended a 'cygnet' course in september when she starts school. Just seems a long time til then!!!

I find it hard to know what is her autism and what is part of her normal development as a 4 year old.

We have a review of her sleep meds on Tuesday so am hoping we can broch the subject then!

• thanks for replying!

we were recommended the early bird course, but I'm a teacher and the mention of a weekly course didn't really go down well with work.

I spoke with the providers and they have recommended a 'cygnet' course in september when she starts school. Just seems a long time til then!!!

I find it hard to know what is her autism and what is part of her normal development as a 4 year old.

We have a review of her sleep meds on Tuesday so am hoping we can broch the subject then!

Children
No Data