An awesome teenager with autism

Hi I'm a autistic teenager- diagnosed at age 16 years old now 18 years old. Don't have any friends of my own age for some reason adults like me but teenagers don't I don't understand why. i can't make eye contact, talk to strangers, any social ocasion can course me to have a panic attack I hate it :/ 

i have joined this site to try and make friends, and for support. It's good to know that people are in the same boat as me. 

Parents
  • Strawberry girl said:

Hi I'm a autistic teenager- diagnosed at age 16 years old now 18 years old. Don't have any friends of my own age for some reason adults like me but teenagers don't I don't understand why. i can't make eye contact, talk to strangers, any social ocasion can course me to have a panic attack I hate it 

i have joined this site to try and make friends, and for support. It's good to know that people are in the same boat as me. 

Hi Strawberry girl,

im also pretty New to the NAS Forum. I'm actually a Mum to a 17yr old ASD Son who is exactly the same as you. He's very lonely, battles socially, tends to spend most of his time at home as he cant cope out in busy places right now.

he is also looking to make friends who are like him and are understanding. He doesn't go on this forum as yet, but prefer to chat on Skype etc. 

hope you make some friends on here. If you'd like to chat with my son "J" let me know.

take care

• Strawberry girl said:

Hi I'm a autistic teenager- diagnosed at age 16 years old now 18 years old. Don't have any friends of my own age for some reason adults like me but teenagers don't I don't understand why. i can't make eye contact, talk to strangers, any social ocasion can course me to have a panic attack I hate it 

Hi Strawberry girl,

im also pretty New to the NAS Forum. I'm actually a Mum to a 17yr old ASD Son who is exactly the same as you. He's very lonely, battles socially, tends to spend most of his time at home as he cant cope out in busy places right now.

he is also looking to make friends who are like him and are understanding. He doesn't go on this forum as yet, but prefer to chat on Skype etc. 

hope you make some friends on here. If you'd like to chat with my son "J" let me know.

take care

Children
No Data