Preston friends wanted

Hi, I'm the mum of an Asperger nearly 17 year old girl.

We are currently struggling with a very lonely girl desperate for friends. She left her special school last June and is currently at home with no formal education. We currently live in Cumbria but will be moving to Preston ( Bamber Bridge area probably ) in the next few months.

She is a very polite, funny capable girl but has lots of typical AS problems. She loves anything Nintendo & is a very active gamer on her Wii U. My little pony is also a hobby & she loves to watch Educating Cardiff & The Special Needs Hotel a lot !

if anyone has a lonely teen in the Preston area we'd love to hear from you. We come to Preston almost weekly to visit family & hopefully will move there before Christma.

Thanks in advance. Jane 

• Yeh we deffo have a lot in common. 

• Hi Jane,

i know this forum is pretty Restrictive, no PM's or anything. How are people supposed to hook up Beyond here?!?

my son has been asking me if Iv heard back from you lol.....shame he's so desperate to meet someone. He's extremely lonely, and like your daughter......lives in his bedroom most of the time except for when I take him out for a drive or gets food etc (I have noticed on here...this is not uncommon amongst our youngsters).

I would def like to chat more

• Hi Jonnysmum,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. My daughter will be 17 next week so there's only about 3 weeks between them. She'll love the fact that your son is a December birthday too & that's she's older ! I'm not sure how to contact you directly ? I've not had much experience on these boards & am not sure what is allowed ? We are both on Facebook & have an unusual surname so are super easy to find !

Just let me know if you'd like to chat more.

Best wishes,

Jane 

• Hi again

I'm sorry but I typed you a full message and once again it got cut off when I clicked "submit".

I was saying that I was about to post a message on behalf of my ASD son who turns 17 on 30th December. We are in the same boat. My son is very bright, very technically minded, lives for I.T., has a great sense of humour. He loves being by the sea (finds it therapeutic).

He has always battled to make friends and maintain friendships (other parents not reciprocating with meeting up etc over the years has not helped).

"J" is a lovely chap with good manners and respect. He would sooo Love to meet someone who he can have a laugh with, enjoy life, someone to talk to etc.

We are not up North unfortunately, but down in Sunny Dorset.    

Would love to hear from you. I'm also on the NAS Facebook page

regards

• Pogleswood said:

Hi, I'm the mum of an Asperger nearly 17 year old girl.

We are currently struggling with a very lonely girl desperate for friends. She left her special school last June and is currently at home with no formal education. We currently live in Cumbria but will be moving to Preston ( Bamber Bridge area probably ) in the next few months.

She is a very polite, funny capable girl but has lots of typical AS problems. She loves anything Nintendo & is a very active gamer on her Wii U. My little pony is also a hobby & she loves to watch Educating Cardiff & The Special Needs Hotel a lot !

if anyone has a lonely teen in the Preston area we'd love to hear from you. We come to Preston almost weekly to visit family & hopefully will move there before Christma.

Thanks in advance. Jane 

Hi Pogleswood,

Just seen your message about your almost 17yr old daughter