Hello &Help please

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and not sure wether this is the best place to post my question.. but il give it a shot, I am in need of advise, My eldest son is 7 and I have been struggling for the past 2 years to get help for him. He has always had a few funny quirks shall we say but is has hightened over time, I have asked for help from the school, doctors, social services and any one I could really. I do not know if he would be considered as having Autism but I do suspect he is on the spectrum. I have voiced my concerns and just been told hes a bright child that's being naughty for my attention! This is so not the case, he has huge melt downs, he tends to go for hitting out if they are not handled correctly, then he will completely close off as if you are not there, and he will cry for hours until you can find away to get him out of it ( well i get him out of it as i'm the only person who can) He struggles in a big way with change, even the slighest change is to much to handle, I have to tell him exactly what we are doing, where we are going and who will be there, if this doesn't go the way it was planned he has a melt down, He also suffers anxienty and some days just doesn't want to leave the house, he has no awarness of any type of danger and has no respect for aurthority, myself, my parents or the police, i'm at a loss what to do next to help him.. he's such a beautitful bright boy, it's breaking my heart to see him like this, he's struggling alot at school and I fear if I don't get some sort of diagnois and help then school will get worse and he will slowly drown with all the pressures of every day life flooding in on him.. Can anbody relate? Is there something in thinking he is on the spectrum or am I just being silly like the school says? any advice would be greatfully recieved xx

Parents
  • Thank you for your'e relpies I will take on board all of the suggestions, It is a very tricky one, I don't want to fall into the mind set of people who read an article online then believe they or there child have a condition, Various people I have come into contact with (other mum's as I run sensory groups) have with in a half hour session picked up on My son's ways and said oh does he have Autism? as many of there children do and they can see it in him, I had never thought about it until recently.. silly I know as I am so connected with working with children that show the same signs but it all does seem to fit now! I have brought my children up using attachment parenting, they are spoiled with love and time not things and money.. so I know it cannot be that hes being a "spoiled brat" as someone once called him! After a year of constantly requesting any form of extenral help I finally have a key worker.. I have voiced my opnions to her and just hope she will come back with some anwsers for me, in the mean time I will look into all these other things, I am lucky enough to have a NAS locally to me so I think I will go in and seek some local advice to.. I just needed to know that I am not being crazy in approaching the doctor for the 4th time and requesting for him to be tested.. Even if it comes back that he isn't I know it won't be a waste of time because it means i'm one step closer to finding out what is going on and that means closer to helping him. Thank you for you're help x

• Thank you for your'e relpies I will take on board all of the suggestions, It is a very tricky one, I don't want to fall into the mind set of people who read an article online then believe they or there child have a condition, Various people I have come into contact with (other mum's as I run sensory groups) have with in a half hour session picked up on My son's ways and said oh does he have Autism? as many of there children do and they can see it in him, I had never thought about it until recently.. silly I know as I am so connected with working with children that show the same signs but it all does seem to fit now! I have brought my children up using attachment parenting, they are spoiled with love and time not things and money.. so I know it cannot be that hes being a "spoiled brat" as someone once called him! After a year of constantly requesting any form of extenral help I finally have a key worker.. I have voiced my opnions to her and just hope she will come back with some anwsers for me, in the mean time I will look into all these other things, I am lucky enough to have a NAS locally to me so I think I will go in and seek some local advice to.. I just needed to know that I am not being crazy in approaching the doctor for the 4th time and requesting for him to be tested.. Even if it comes back that he isn't I know it won't be a waste of time because it means i'm one step closer to finding out what is going on and that means closer to helping him. Thank you for you're help x

Children
No Data