Hello everyone....!

I'm new around here .... Just wanted to stop & say hello! I'm a mum of a 4 year old beautiful boy, diagnosed with ASD last December. He also has a movement disorder & chromosomal disorder (which is quite rare!)  He 'IS' very rare & special to his dad & myself, and his family! He's a brave person & will do his best to try and make life easy for us, even though he must feel overwhelmed most of the time...! Very glad to be here .... But not use to how things work yet! Lisa

Parents
  • Thank you. It will be a while before we know though, as he has to have 5 observations over 5 weeks, followed be a3di assesment. But fingers crossed. 

My son has issues with communication, he can't initiate or sustain a conversation. 

he is obsessed with animals, and constantly acts them out. He is very calm at the moment, with only minor outbursts, but he pretty much has freeee rein at home. 

he U.S. In mainstream preschool. I have changed his preschool from this weeks, as he was kept back in the nursery side, as he couldn't handle the structure. 

I beleive he needs to be with peers his own age. He will copy other childRENs behaviour. 

He dies have eye contact, but is limited, and looks awkward for him.

Its not nice when people don't believe you. I get that a lot. 

• Thank you. It will be a while before we know though, as he has to have 5 observations over 5 weeks, followed be a3di assesment. But fingers crossed. 

My son has issues with communication, he can't initiate or sustain a conversation. 

he is obsessed with animals, and constantly acts them out. He is very calm at the moment, with only minor outbursts, but he pretty much has freeee rein at home. 

he U.S. In mainstream preschool. I have changed his preschool from this weeks, as he was kept back in the nursery side, as he couldn't handle the structure. 

I beleive he needs to be with peers his own age. He will copy other childRENs behaviour. 

He dies have eye contact, but is limited, and looks awkward for him.

Its not nice when people don't believe you. I get that a lot. 

Children
No Data