'Start a discussion in introduce yourself'

Hello and good will to all people.

[Note: I'm scared of offending anyone so please bear with me while I carefully edit and select what are hopefully acceptable words.]

I'm not sure what to write but I want to write something. I write a lot, you see, but I need to learn to keep it private as concerns over my wellbeing are raised if I share my words with people who seem to invite me to write to them but then raise concerns and add to my stress. Sorry for the confusion, if you are reading this.

I'm a very sad and lonely man (38 years and counting, regrettably) and I hope it doesn't break the anonymity rule to share on here that I am training to become a primary school teacher. Yet I have already been told to take time off due to concerns over my 'wellbeing' and I am only two/three weeks in. Face palm♂️ 

I am under a lot of stress but/because I have to keep masking how I feel, otherwise I probably won't be able to continue the course (SCITT route into teaching) and I will be back to square one again. I will try to exert self-control and not to write too much here but I will say that I have been reading about 'autistic burnout' on the NAS site, especially with regards to masking issues, and for some reason I am now writing this message. I will go for a walk now and pray for the best.

Thank you for reading. (Heart emoji to express my love)

A

Parents
  • Hello, I am new here and not sure what to say or how to help, but just wanted to let you know I care. The burnout is so hard to deal with. I have ADHD and just lately am doing a lot better at getting things done ( my pile of to do is phenomenal as I struggled to do anything at all for ages) but I soon come crashing down and end up in a big heap. i'm trying to remember to pace myself - have a short period working followed by a short period of rest. I don't know if that would work for you or even if you're able. Try to be gentle with yourself. I really don't know what to say to help, but yes, try to be gentle when you can and know that you're doing your best. Hope the walk helped! :-)

• Thank you Sunflowers and thank you for your care. Slight smile

And welcome too. Thank you for your kind words and be kind to yourself too. It's very hard isn't it.

Andrew 

Reply Children
No Data