Autism Diagnosis

Mid life diagnosis, puts so much into perspective & makes sense yet there seems to be after the initial relief at knowing, a huge amount of processing & internal dialogue. I guess I am wondering how other people felt and if they went through similar? 

Parents
  • Hi Marmeladepink, 

I was diagnosed at 21 and whilst I was the one to read up on autistic traits and notice them in myself, I went through a lot of doubt, and a lot of feelings around `not being autistic enough` that I internalised from others. There's also the grief of not knowing earlier, and the kinds of experiences that could have been spared. It can be lonely, but you're really welcome here and I hope you find something of what you need in the community.

• Hi Marmeladepink, 

I was diagnosed at 21 and whilst I was the one to read up on autistic traits and notice them in myself, I went through a lot of doubt, and a lot of feelings around `not being autistic enough` that I internalised from others. There's also the grief of not knowing earlier, and the kinds of experiences that could have been spared. It can be lonely, but you're really welcome here and I hope you find something of what you need in the community.

Children