Does anyone else like social dancing?

Hi! I'm new here and just recently diagnosed. My therapist told me to find a safe place to unmask. I found a safe place to unmask at a vintage dance group. We folk dance and work on many traditional dances such as polka, waltz, and tango. Skill level doesn't matter. I think I like it because I enjoy being around people, but I don't want to talk about anything. I also love music and I crave touch. I don't know if any of this sounds weird for an autistic person, so I just wanted to see if anyone else really enjoys dancing with people and finds this a safe place as well. I wish you all joy as you navigate your uniqueness. 

Parents
  • I enjoy dancing to music but it's definitely a solo thing for me. I don't like to be touched . If I hear music I love I find it hard to not dance,  if it's music I hate I get stressed.  I can't just ignore music it affects me quite strongly. 

• I enjoy dancing to music but it's definitely a solo thing for me. I don't like to be touched . If I hear music I love I find it hard to not dance,  if it's music I hate I get stressed.  I can't just ignore music it affects me quite strongly. 

Children
No Data