Does anyone else like social dancing?

Hi! I'm new here and just recently diagnosed. My therapist told me to find a safe place to unmask. I found a safe place to unmask at a vintage dance group. We folk dance and work on many traditional dances such as polka, waltz, and tango. Skill level doesn't matter. I think I like it because I enjoy being around people, but I don't want to talk about anything. I also love music and I crave touch. I don't know if any of this sounds weird for an autistic person, so I just wanted to see if anyone else really enjoys dancing with people and finds this a safe place as well. I wish you all joy as you navigate your uniqueness. 

Parents
  • I love regency dancing, ceilidh dancing, Scottish folk dancing, English folk dancing and Welsh folk dancing.

I find that it's much more about geometry and moving to music than 'expressing yourself' which I find more difficult.

I love music too.

It sounds like great fun. 

• Welsh folk dancing! All the years I've lived here I've never heard of it, but I've often wondered why there dosen't seem to be any, I thought it might of been supressed by the chapel movement?

Reply Children
No Data