re diagnoses as an adult for autism

Hello all recently joined this forum. I have recently been diagnosed with combined adhd. I have siblings with adhd and a nephew with (recent) autism and a niece with adhd (possible autism). 

My sister (adhd and possible autism) thinks that I may be autistic too. I have already used right to choose for my adhd. Now how do I convince my GP I need this diagnoses too. I think my adhd may be masking my autism. Thoughts and advice Please.

Parents
  • The screening criteria for autism referrals vary across different NHS trusts, but commonly include completing and submitting either an AQ-10 or AQ-50 test.

Both tests are available on the website linked below in a format where you can complete them online, see your results and save or print them off. The pages also include explanations and discussion of the scoring criteria:

AQ-10  AQ-50 

I'd suggest completing either or both of these to see whether you feel they merit your GP making a referral for you. If so, I'd suggest taking the printed test results - along with a list of traits / behaviours that you feel also support the possibility - to your GP to support your request for a referral.

I'd also be strongly inclined to follow the Right to Choose pathway again, as you did for your ADHD:

How to request an autism assessment

• thank you I have both done both tests and both came up  with strong indication of autism. I have requested an appointment with my GP. Phew did it. Now we wait and see. 

Reply Children